“A woman is the full circle. Within her is the power to create, nurture and transform.”
More than half the world population is women. Many of them even now in the 21st-century struggle to exercise their full human rights. Women are particularly vulnerable in times of global crises and in developing countries. However, even in developed countries, there is no gender equality in matters of professional opportunities and equal pay. Women are underrepresented in top management positions and often victims of unfair selection. Empowering women and providing them with access to quality education and skills training has never been so important.
It includes the ability to participate equally in markets, and have access and control over productive resources, decent work, personal time, as well as meaningful participation in decision-making processes at all levels, from the local companies to international institutions. The EUMMAS Women Forum is an organization dedicated to highlighting women’s voices and benefits on academic and business issues. With the support of all EUMMAS members, we will create global influence by empowering women with a sense of purpose and leadership to address numerous business and academic issues. We believe in women leaders’ unique capacity to create a positive impact on future trends for the better.
EUMMAS Women Forum represents a network of influential individuals from both business and related academic areas.
Forum is a perfect place for networking, learning, discussions, and engagement.
Membership in the forum provides:
- Networking and connection to business partners worldwide
- Free webinars
- Discounts for the Association’s events
- Visibility (individual/institutional) in the EUMMAS network
- Women empowerment through discussions and workshops.
EUMMAS WF’s aim is to represent and advocate for the interests and concerns of women from business and academia from all around the world.
Join us to build the ambitions for the better tomorrow.
(1) The EUMMAS Women’s Forum is an elite group of academia and/or business leaders who are willing to support the mission of the European Marketing and Management Association (EUMMAS). The Forum is made up of eminent community members who are committed to the Association’s goals.
(2) Members of the Forum utilize their community image in order to help promote and support the Association.
(3) Meetings of the Forum are held online at least once a year.
(4) The Members benefit from:
- attending EUMMAS events free of charge upon invitation;
- enjoying discounts for the association’s events;
- having the opportunity to network with business professionals and leaders;
- free and/or discounted professional development programs aiming to increase knowledge and skills through discussions and workshops;
- being recognized at the annual conference;
- receiving a EUMMAS plaque;
- being provided with a letter/certificate indicating the status;
- enjoying all membership benefits except hold office and vote;
- being presented on the Association’s website;
- having opportunities to make a positive impact in the community;
- having opportunities to participate in different projects and events.
(5) The participation in the Forum is on a pro bono basis. However, the members who take part in different activities such as EUMMAS events (as keynote speakers, session chairs, or similar), training, or projects are remunerated for their effort. In such cases, the Association bears the travel and accommodation costs and provides per diem allowance and compensation for the work and time invested.
(6) An individual qualifies for Membership in the Forum if she:
- is invited to join the Forum by the Association or recommended by a Forum member;
- has made significant contributions to science or business;
- is regarded to have made significant contributions to the profession and have served the industry with distinction and honor;
- has occupied a responsible position or demonstrated high professional interest in the field of business and business studies.
(7) Members of the Forum:
- suggest possible nominees to the Forum;
- advocate and act as ambassadors of the Association;
- attend meetings and events when possible;
- serve on committees or task forces and offer to take on special assignments;
- suggest certain activities and help implement them.
(8) The President of the Women’s Forum is appointed by the President of the EUMMAS. The President of the Forum appoints Vice Presidents. The Presidents and Vice Presidents (the Presidency) ensures that the Forum meets at least once a year and functions properly. They prepare materials for the meetings and facilitate the preparations.
(9) The Presidency is appointed for a period of three years. The decisions are made by voting. In case of an even number of votes in the decision-making process, the vote of the Forum President will be decisive. Members of the Presidency are at the same time the Nominating Committee and make decisions on accepting new members.
(10) The membership is for three years. and members can be re-elected after that period again. It can be terminated by the Member at any time. It can also be terminated by the Association in case of misconduct (para 12 & 13).
(11) The number of Women’s Forum members is not limited.
(12) Members are not allowed to take any financial or any other obligations towards third persons on behalf of the Association.
(13) Members are not allowed to use brand EUMMAS and the membership status in the Forum when communicating any sensitive issues including but not limited to religion, race, gender, minorities, politics, etc.
We are open to new people and ideas and look forward to hear from you. If you have any questions, please feel free to write to us.
The membership on the Forum is open to all EUMMAS members (standard membership) or ladies invited by some of our officials.