University Professor l Former Rector l High Academic Advisor for Accreditation Process and Quality Assurance
CEO and President of African Continental Chamber of Commerce & Industries – ACCCI
President of Singapore Manufacturing Federation I Vice Chairman of Singapore Business Federation
Director General of BRICS Chamber of Commerce and Industry
Chairwoman of the Businesswomen Committee in the Federation of the Chambers of Commerce in Egypt
Director General of the Vilnius Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Crafts, Lithuania
Associate Professor of the American University of Cairo in Egypt
University Professor I Former Dean I Consultant
Chairman of the Board of the Pakistan-Romania Business Council
President of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Republic of Moldova
General Director of the Gomel Branch of the Belarusian Chamber of Commerce and Industry Unitary Enterprise
Chief Executive Officer of the Ghana National Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
Executive Director of the Centre of Excellence for China-Pakistan Economic Corridor
Chairman of the Kenya National Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Mombasa
Professor I Editor-in-Chief
Vice President of the EUMMAS Women Forum I Founder and CEO of Women in Business Education (WiBE)
(1) The role of the Advisory Board is to offer assistance to the leadership with anything from marketing to managing human resources, finances, etc. It is composed of recognized experts offering innovative advice and dynamic perspectives. The Advisory Board members provide the Association with knowledge, understanding, and strategic thinking.
(2) The Advisory board members:
- provide wise counsel on issues raised by directors,
- provide unbiased information, insights, and ideas from a third point-of-view,
- encourage and support the exploration of new business ideas,
- act as a resource for directors,
- help directors avoid group thinking and give direction on big picture issues,
- nominate new Board members,
- impose challenges to directors and management that could improve the business.
(3) The Advisory board members may, if they wish, participate in events, ongoing projects, or any other activity.
(4) The participation in the Board is on a pro bono basis. However, the members who take part in different activities such as EUMMAS events (as keynote speakers, session chairs, or similar), training, or projects are remunerated for their effort. In such cases, the Association bears the travel and accommodation costs and provide per diem allowance and compensation for the work and time invested.
(5) The President of the Advisory Board is a member of the Accreditation Committee.
(6) An individual qualifies for the Advisory Board Membership if he/she:
- is invited to join the Board by the Association, and
- is a recognized expert (successful businessman/businesswoman or higher positioned representative of chambers of commerce, business associations, and similar.
(7) The number of members in the Advisory Board is not limited. Members and the President of the Advisory Board are elected by the President of the Association. The Vice Presidents are proposed by the Advisory Board President and confirmed by the Board members. The number of Vice Presidents is always even and they rotate every year.
(8) The Advisory Board meets, in general, biannually, in December and June. The Presidency meets at least once in three months. The meetings are organized via video conferencing.
(9) The membership in the Advisory Board is for six years and members can be re-elected after that period again. It can be terminated by the Member at any time. It can also be terminated by the Association in case of misconduct.
*Individuals who are invited by the Association or recommended by a Board member can register here.
UPCOMING: The meeting of the Advisory Board
Date: Jun 7, 2021.
LATER: The meeting of the Advisory Board
Date: December 6, 2021.
To access Board documents, please visit the AB Notice Board.